There are a tremendous number of uses for plastic cards.
Not only are these cards highly durable, but the beautiful graphics that are printed on them will remain eye-catching. They can be visual like most business cards, but they can interact with machines in many ways.
Since they have so many uses, businesses can get advantages from printing on plastic.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- You can reduce waste by recycling all your old plastic cards into brand-new useful cards.
- There are PVC cards on the market which degrade when they come in contact with such organic materials such as composite and soil, and this can happen as quickly as within four years.
- If your business wants to be eco-friendlier, recycled plastic business cards are a great step to take.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For competitive pricing and more information on custom plastic cards, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all card printers are alike, so you need to examine your needs carefully to find the right one for you.
We can help you find the best plastic card printer at an affordable price. Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from experienced professionals.
Shop the best printer brands on our easy-to-use website.
Read candid product reviews from people just like you! Everyday low prices that can help you save up to 50 percent on printers. Rely on our experts for support before, during and after your purchase.
Top 5 Things To Think About When Buying an ID Card Printer:
Shopping for an ID card printer can seem overwhelming, but not if you consider these five factors: 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available in either single or dual sided models.
Single-sided models are more affordable, but you have to manually flip and re-print the backside of the cards. Single sided are less expensive but require you to manually flip and re-print to the backside of the cards. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dye sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of printer.
Dye sublimation printers use a ribbon with panels to put color onto the card, but sometimes leave a small white border on each card. Reverse transfer printers (also called re-transfer) utilize a ribbon and transfer film for a higher quality print that offers full-bleed with no border. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches will need larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
Companies which print in low volumes, can generally save on purchase costs by buying a hand-fed printer, or a printer without any high-volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards increases the durability and of ID cards as well as the cost - lamination is highly necessary for the cards you expect to be handled or swiped frequently.
Lamination can be used to increase security by adding holograms.
There are other ways to add visual security that are less expensive, such as watermarks, hologram stickers, and holographic cardstock. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be connected to a computer with a simple USB cable connection.
If you need to connect to a Mac, be sure to select a printer with Mac compatibility. For connecting to a network to print using multiple computers, select a printer with Ethernet. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another name for an ID card printer.
PVC – or polyvinyl chloride – may bring to mind plastic pipes, but it is also used to make durable and reliable ID cards. A PVC card printer can be used to refer to any kind of ID card maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC plastic card printers can use different methods to transfer a design onto a card. Some of the most common techniques to print on PVC cards include dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
As the card is being printed, a print head with heated thermal elements passes on top of the ribbon then the ink evaporates on the ribbon wherever ever it’s appropriate, afterward the PVC card is transferred into it,
As the card prints, a print head with heated thermal elements passes over the ribbon and evaporates the ink where needed, transferring it to the card. Dye sublimation usually only applies to color PVC card printers; black and white PVC card printers call this process resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
In order to see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer, or to download a brochure, you can navigate to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordable color plastic card printer on the market.
It’s not necessary to buy a dual sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
You can use this single-sided printer, and flip the card over to print on the back side of the card.
This saves you approximately $600, which is the difference between a single-sided and dual-sided card printer.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy offers a turnkey solution for PC or Mac computers. It includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio personalization software, and a pack of consumable supplies (color ribbon and blank plastic cards for 100 prints).
In addition, you get access to a free card template library at www.badgy.com to help you personalize the template of your choice. PRINTING ON DEMAND Badgy200 allows you to print your own cards instantly and completely independently.
Whether you need a single card or a whole batch of them, you can print them up just as you need them. SAVING TIME
Badgy200 has an output of 95 color cards per hour.
You can also customize cards by importing data from a database, adding information to your card designs with one-click convenience, and doing a print run with a single command, merging the variable data.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer can create professional-quality, personalized plastic cards that have edge-to-edge printing, all while placing great emphasis on your company’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
The cards are loaded into the feeder and retrieved from the output hopper, both conveniently located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software allows you to easily control the printer from your computer with notifications. Installing print ribbons is a breeze with this print system, because ribbons are automatically recognized.
COMPACT: The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a letter sized sheet of paper, allowing it to fit into any workspace.
- It weighs just 9 pounds!
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy empowers you to print your own customized badges color, with professional quality, whenever and wherever you want! This solution allows the instant production of personalized, secure cards for all kinds of applications.
- A Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can easily print cards on plastic.
- Badgy prints your superior quality badges in full color, and you’re able to print badges at your complete and total convenience.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and is used just like a standard office printer.
- It has a compact, lightweight design that can be used comfortably in any office space.
- The Badgy200 is designed to print professional-quality color badges with ease.
- The Badgy200 color printer is perfect for creating and printing personalized employee, visitor, and event badges, or library, student, and membership cards.
- The Badgy200 color ID card printer is perfect for creating and printing personalized employee, visitor, and event badges, or library, student, and membership cards.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- You can design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge cards with the Evolis Badge Studio software, which is included with Badgy200.
- This printer is compatible with both a PC or Mac operating system and also allows you to make personalized badges in a matter of minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows you to control your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool complete with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Get a free card template library at www.badgy.com, where you can personalize a template by adding text, logos, photos, and more.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD with the printer driver, the Badge Studio + software, and card template.
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 Card Printing System is an affordable solution that is perfect for low-volume printing applications. It’s a complete, all-in-one solution that’s perfect for new users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
Consumables such as ink ribbons and plastic cards
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, easy ribbon loading at the top, and the USB/power connections at the back of the printer.
An LCD control panel makes this printer easy to use.
Quality and cost-effectiveness The Badgy200 prints photographic quality plastic cards in full-color designs that cover the entire surface of the card. Badgy is also capable of printing readable barcodes.
The cost per card is extremely low no matter how few cards you need to print at a time. Badgy was created with small business needs in mind.
In addition, Badgy saves you money on power costs when you use its hibernation mode.
The Badgy 200 color ID card printer is ideal for creating and printing personalized employee visitor and event badges or library student and membership cards.
This model is incredibly speedy with a color YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour and a monochrome speed of 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print ID cards or badges with the Evolis Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges