You can use plastic cards for a whole variety of different applications.
Not only are these cards highly durable, but the beautiful graphics that are printed on them will remain eye-catching. On top of their terrific visual appeal, plastic cards also have the capability of interacting with machines in a number of different ways.
Given this huge range of possibility, any business can find a good use for a printed plastic card.
- A Commitment To The Environment
- Recycling old plastic cards to create new cards reduces waste and helps keep old cards out of landfills.
- There are PVC cards available which are bio-degradable within a few years, when they come into contact with soil or composite materials.
- Any business desiring to reduce its impact on the environment should use eco-friendly business cards.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
For any questions about printed plastic card and to learn more about our competitive pricing, please fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers are the same and making sure you find the right one for your specific job required careful Assessment of your printing needs.
We can help you find the best plastic card printer at an affordable price. Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from experienced professionals
The best printer brands on our user-friendly website
Read candid product reviews from people just like you! Save up to 50% on printers and supplies with our everyday low prices. Rely on our experts for support throughout the process.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
Shopping for an ID card printer can seem overwhelming, but not if you consider these five factors: 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most printers are available in either single- or dual-sided models.
Single-sided cost less, but require manual flipping and re-printing on the backside of the cards. Dual-sided card printers are time efficient, especially with bigger batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
The least expensive type of printer, and the one you’ll see most often, is the dye sublimation printer.
These cards print in vibrant color directly to the card, but will leave a very thin white border around each card edge. Reverse-transfer printers cost more, but can print all the way up to the edge of the card and also feature higher image transfer and color quality. 3) Volume Requirements
Companies that print larger batches need printers with larger hopper sizes, faster printing speeds, and yield higher ribbons.
Companies printing small batches can save money with a handfed only printer or printers without high-volume features. 4) Lamination & Visual Security Laminating ID cards increases the durability and of ID cards as well as the cost - lamination is highly necessary for the cards you expect to be handled or swiped frequently.
Lamination can be used to increase security by adding holograms.
There are some considerably less expensive methods of adding visual security, for instance using holographic card stock, watermarks, and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers are capable of being connected to a PC as long as you have a USB cable.
If you need to connect your ID card printer to a Mac Computer, then choose a printer that has Mac compatibility. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, be sure to select a printer with Ethernet capabilities. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is simply another term for an ID card printer.
PVC, or polyvinyl chloride, is a popular synonym for plastic and while it may bring pipes and construction to mind, PVC is a durable plastic that is ideal for creating and printing ID cards. Therefore, a PVC card printer is just another name for a photo ID maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
There are a few different techniques for transferring images to a PVC ID card. The most common techniques to print on PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is probably the most popular of ID card printing. It uses a ribbon that has panels of three primary colors (cyan, yellow, and magenta) along its length.
Dye sublimation is a term used mostly with color PVC card printers - when black and white PVC card printers are used, the process is referred to as resin thermal transfer. Dye sublimation is a term commonly used with color PVC card printers - for a black and white PVC card printer; this process is called resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the most affordable color plastic card printer on the market.
You don’t need a dual-sided printer for printing on both sides of your cards.
You can use a single-sided printer and simply flip the card over to re-run it for the back-side printing.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy offers a comprehensive solution for both PC and Mac. This comprehensive package includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) for 100 prints.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND You can print cards on your own and whenever they are needed with Badgy200.
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. Saving Time
The Badgy200 has a consistent output of 95 color cards every single hour.
You can also import data from a database, adding information to your design quickly and easily, and even accounting for variable data printing.
A STRONGER BRAND IMAGE
The Badgy200 printer generates personalized plastic cards with professional-quality, edge-to-edge printing, that highlights your brand’s image.
USER-FRIENDLY The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
All you have to do is load the cards into a feeder and then retrieve them from an output receptacle, both of which are located right in the front of the printer.
With the Badgy Premium Suite Software, you have control of the printer from your computer through notifications. Installing print ribbons is a breeze with this print system, because ribbons are automatically recognized.
The Badgy200 is smaller than a letter-sized sheet of paper, so it can easily fit into any workspace.
- This compact printer weighs just 9 pounds!
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy allows you to print your very own customized badge colors, all with professional quality at any time you’d like! It provides a solution that allows the immediate creation of both personalized and secure cards that meets a wide variety of needs.
- The Premier Card Printer
Instead of paper, you can easily print cards on plastic.
- Print the amounts you want on whatever schedule you desire. Badgy is designed with the needs of smaller and medium-size businesses in mind.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and used just like a standard office printer.
- The compact, lightweight design fits perfectly in almost any office workspace.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution created to assist customers with printing professional-quality brightly colored badges with ease.
- Badgy200 provides a solution for graphic personalization and instant card production, one at a time or in small batches.
- Badgy200 fills all your needs for graphic personalization and fast card production, whether you need a single card or multiple cards in small batches.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single-installation CD including Badge Studio software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- You can design and print professional-looking, edge-to-edge cards with the Evolis Badge Studio software, which is included with Badgy200.
- The printer is compatible with both Mac and PC operating systems so you can create personalized badges in minutes.
- Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software allows control of the printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Badgy.com hosts a variety of free card templates that allow you to quickly come up with a professional design for your cards and badges.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS has everything you need to start using your printer and begin printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including Badge Studio Plus software, the printer driver, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 system is a cost-effective solution, which is ideal for low-volume card printing. This has proven to be a full, all-in-one solution, that, even though it is somewhat out of the box, it’s still great for beginners.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack, including plastic cards and a ribbon
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and a USB and power connection at the back.
An LCD control panel makes the printer incredibly user-friendly.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 produces full color, high-quality prints which cover the full surface of any plastic card. Badgy is capable of printing readable barcodes.
Whether you’re printing just one card or 100 cards (or more), the cost to print is impressively low and easy on the budget.
The Badgy200 also has a hibernation mode that saves power when the printer isn’t in use.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
In addition, it prints quickly at a rate of 95 color cards per hour and 325 monochrome cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges